Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Lifeboost Organic Nicaragua Gourmet Ground Coffee

PACKAGING: This coffee comes in a burlap sack tied with twine. The coffee is contained a vacuumed sealed bag. The burlap sack can be reused should you choose to. The bag inside was a little tough to open. I just cut the bag and put it in a container that I vacuum the air out of.

MY TASTE PREFERENCES: I tend to gravitate towards the medium to medium-dark roasts. I do not like the west coast coffee roasts (like Starbucks) that are mild and/or acidic. I have tried in the neighborhood of 50 different brands and blends. I love trying new and different coffee.

MY SETUP: I use the Cuisinart DCC-3000 Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker. I typically use a scoop of coffee grinds per cup of coffee (each scoop is about a half tablespoon).

MY DESCRIPTION OF THE TASTE: This coffee is listed as a medium roast, "strong but the smoothest, cleanest tasting coffee ever. Bold flavor but smooth. Low acid and not bitter. Best choice of gourmet coffees." I hope to expand on this definition. I would classify this as a borderline medium/dark roast coffee. It is certainly bolder than most medium blends that I've tried. My interpretation of the "cleanest coffee ever" when I taste this coffee is that there are no secondary tastes. It is not a complex blend, just a straight bold coffee. It is not acidic or bitter. It also doesn't leave an aftertaste. There is a slight hint of burnt bean taste but nothing overwhelming.

All-in-all, I enjoyed this coffee, but I'm not sure I would reorder it either. There wasn't anything that really stood out to my taste buds. Again, it's not bad. It's just not extraordinary. I don't think I want to settle on any one brand or blend...at this point anyways.

FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) DISCLAIMER: I received this product at a reduce price. However, the opinions expressed herein were formulated based on my personal use of the product. Please feel free to comment with any feedback and/or product questions below.





No comments: