Monday, March 28, 2016

Brooklyn Basix Freedom Wind Chime


WHY I CHOSE THIS WIND CHIME:
I was gifted a wind chime when my grandpa passed 2 years ago. I hung it just off my deck and was able to listen to the soothing sounds for about a year. I made some repairs to the cord holding the wind catcher a couple times and it kept coming off. Then one of the chimes fell off. I couldn't throw it away, so maybe one day I'll try to figure out if I can somehow put it back together. In the meantime, I decided to order this Freedom Chime from Brooklyn Basix!

ABOUT THIS WIND CHIME:
This chime utilizes recyclable, renewable & sustainable materials: the chimes are made of recycled and sand blasted aluminum, the wood is made from renewable laminated bamboo.

CARE:
All components of the Freedom Chime are designed for the outdoor environment. However, it is recommended that the chime be hung in an area offering some protection from direct sunlight if possible and periodically be cleaned with a damp cloth and mild detergent.

Bamboo - can be maintained by applying a thin layer of tung oil with a clean cloth as needed. Regular oiling will help protect the natural bamboo finish and inhibit the natural aging process.

Aluminum - does not rust and the sandblasted finish is an added protection from pitting (although pitting may occur due to long term exposure to the elements).  The tubes with mild non-abrasive soap and water periodically.

OPTION TO PERSONALIZE:
The windcatcher can be removed and put back on the chime in short order. In doing so, you can personalize it any way you like.

REVIEW:
The components of this wind chime are very simple but work well. It would be easy to repair...much easier than the other wind chime I have. The sound from the chimes is sharp, crisp and doesn't linger. The wind paddle is a bit small. On a windy day, this chime won't be too annoying like many chimes. However, it's a bit on the light sounding side in calm conditions. I can't tell if the cordage holding the chime together is different from my previous chime. I hope so though. I would hope to get more than a year and a half out of this chime. I will update my review if it does break in that time frame. Speaking of which....

WARRANTY:
This wind chime comes with a 1-year warranty should anything happen to it during that time.

FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) DISCLAIMER:
I received this product at a reduced price. However, the opinions expressed herein were formulated based on my personal use of the product. I welcome any and all suggestions, feedback and/or product questions!

No comments: