Thursday, March 17, 2016

1byone 2.8L Ultrasonic Humidifier/Aroma Diffuser (7 LED Colors)



VIDEO COMPONENTS:
1. Overview of the Humidifer/Diffuser
2. Demonstration
3. How to Clean
4. LED Colors Demo
5. Conclusion
6. Bonus: Essential Oil Blends (for different moods)

I ordered this humidifier and diffuser, because it has a large capacity (500ml) and long run time (10-20 hours based on setting). I'm not big on using LED's myself, but I can see how they would be useful for a child's room. Alternatively, if you are having company over, the LED's may provide some interest or be a conversation starter. However, most of the time, I just run the diffuser with the lights off.

MY REVIEW:
First Impressions - My first impressions of this product were very good. I could tell the company took great care in packaging. There were covers for the plug, the packaging was shape molded for protection, the instruction manual is well written, etc. The reason I mention this is because there are so many companies selling these units that make them cheaply and sell them quickly.

Positives
+ The mist begins within 1-2 seconds of turning the knob.
+ There is quite a bit of difference between low and high, which pleasantly surprised me.
+ Quiet - It's extremely quiet to operate.
+ Automatic turn-off - the diffuser will turn off the motor (though it's so quiet it's hard to tell), stop the mist and the LED will turn red when the water gets low. This prevents the diffuser from burning up the motor.
+ If you lift the tank off the diffuser when it's full, you might get a touch of water that comes out, but it doesn't spill all of it's contents.

Improvements
- I would like to see the cone on top that directs the flow of the mist lock or slide into place. As it is, the cone just sits on top. If you bump it, there's a chance it could fall off. It's not the end of the world if it does, but it's worth noting.
-Tray for essential oils - the tray to place your essential oils in could use some deeper finger grooves. It's not terribly difficult to take out, but in a perfect world that could be slightly easier.
- Faint smell using essential oil tray (I put 7 drops of essential oils in the tray on a few occasions. I can tell that there's scent coming out, but it's a bit on the faint side. Using 7 drops into the tank (which the instructions advise against), it smells much stronger and better. I didn't have any issues with the unit not working properly when doing so, but I suppose there is a possibility of that occurring at a later time.

Other Notes
This unit comes with a filter, which is nice for filtering the water you use. On the flip side, it must be replaced after approximately 500 uses.

CONCLUSION:
Overall, I really like this diffuser. It's really well made. Most of the "improvements" I've listed are very minor. However, I do wish I could just add drops of essential oil into the tank rather than the tray. I may contact the manufacturer to see if that might cause problems in the long run.

Available for Sale on Amazon by clicking HERE





5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool item. I've been wondering how they would be to have in the house. Thanks for such a thorough review. I hadn't thought about the cleaning issue before seeing your review. Glad to see it's so easy.

Chip said...

They say use vinegar and baking soda (if I recall correctly). However, I'm not sure I like not being able to reach some of the nooks and crannies. I still like it overall though.

Clara said...

Thanks for sharing

Melissa@Humidifiers said...

Great mist humidifier! Kid friendly, fits in my daughters room well. This is an awesome Humidifier that allows me to add in a couple drops of my favorite essential oils for easier breathing and relaxation

Chip said...

My 4.5 year old sleeps in our room next to the bed. She just started day care and has been sick 4 times in 1.5 months (she's gotten me sick 3 times!). We have used this as a humidifier for her (essential oils not recommended until at least 6 months). It's worked out quite well. If you are OCD about getting it cleaned, you might need a special brush to reach hard-to-get places in the water reservoir. Otherwise, it's great!