Friday, July 1, 2016

206 Piece Fishing Lure Set



Lures available for sale here

WHAT'S INCLUDED? (Note: each order might be a bit different with respect to the specific lures, but this is what was included in mine)
  • 6 hard lures
  • 16 metal lures - 2 large , 7, medium and 7 small spoons
  • 2 hollow body top water frogs
  • 2 large spinnerbaits
  • 100 soft lures and miscellaneous items - snaps (or swivels), split rings, crickets, meal worms, curly tail grubs, tiny worms, a handful of large hooks, 2 weighted eye hooks, etc.
PROS:
  • The hard lures work well for the most part (see cons for the ones that didn't)
  • The frogs are great
  • The curly tailed grubs and crayfish work as expected
  • Spinnerbaits work well
  • Large and small spoons swim well
  • I like using the snaps for easily switching lures though I would skip them for large catfish or other large fish
CONS:
  • Hard Lures - cricket and jitterbug are not good quality
  • Medium size spoons don't swim well
  • Most of the soft baits are a bit small for bass fishing - the soft earth worms are so skinny/light they're essentially useless
REVIEW:
This set is isn't bad. The biggest problem I have with it is the size and sheer number of soft lures. Most of these soft lures are best suited for panfish whereas most of the hard lures are suited for bass fishing. It seems a bit strange. With respect to the hard lures, the cricket not work well for me. It just rotated in the water. I'm also not crazy about the jitterbug lure either. Besides those, the other 4 hard lures and spinnerbaits worked well. The spoons do well with a slow retrieve. I think there are a number of those type of lures, because they probably cost less to manufacturer. At any rate, stay away from the mid-size one and their fine. I like the large and weighted eye hooks (of course you have to remove the paint from the eyelet on these like you do on all these types of hooks it seems). I prefer brass swivels, but I didn't have any issues with these snaps. They allow easily switching out lures.

I have used these lures on a few trips to some local lakes around me I hadn't ever fished before. I didn't catch any whoppers, but that's not always my goal. I was able to catch a handful of smaller bass though.

FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) DISCLAIMER:
I received this product at a discount for purposes of testing. However, the opinions expressed herein were formulated based on my personal use of the product. I welcome all suggestions, feedback and/or product questions!








No comments: