Monday, July 11, 2016

Niniso Shotgun Bore Snake Cleaner



DIMENSIONS:
5’ bore cleaner - 22” cleaner with remaining 38” being the pull rope

FEATURES:
o The bore cleaner has a brass tip on the pull rope to add weight and assist in sliding down the barrel
o The pull rope is nylon and heavy duty
o The rope cleaner has a “fuzzy” end that’s intended to clean heavy fouling (you can add solvent if you desire)
o Next on the bore cleaner is the copper brush to remove plastic and/or carbon fouling inside the barrel
o The remainder is a tight-fitting snake for a large surface cleaning area (I’ve read it’s 160 times the surface area of a patch)

REDUCES TIME:
This bore cleaner significantly reduces the time it takes to clean a gun barrel. It reduces the tedious steps it takes to clean a gun. In my case, I bought the shotgun bore snake. I no longer have to remove the barrel to run patches through (unless I’m doing a thorough cleaning and then I'll use the bore snake and disassemble the gun for additional cleaning). I also don’t have to then attach the copper brush to a rod and follow that up by soaking and attaching patches. It’s all combined in one step! Plus, the bore snake has much more surface area to absorb carbon fouling. This is definitely a time saver!

SUGGESTIONS, RECOMMENDATIONS, and TIPS:
I recommend running the bore snake through the barrel 2-3 times to remove all fouling. You can choose to spray the barrel or “fuzzy” side to aid in loosening the fouling. When it gets dirty, you can throw it in the washer to clean up. I recommend doing a delicate wash to prevent from damaging the copper brush ends. The snug fit when pulling this through the barrel should be expected. It has to be a tight fit to remove any and all fouling.

CONCLUSION:
I absolutely love using this to clean my gun quickly and efficiently. I do, however, recommend a thorough cleaning with patches if you plan to store the gun for a long period of time. The reason being is that this can’t get in the trigger assembly or other nooks and crannies of the gun. The only thing this bore snake is missing is identification for the caliber of gun the snake is to be used for. For instance, some bore snakes have 12 gauge notched in the brass tip of the pull rope. Even still, this definitely has a place in my arsenal for quick, efficient cleanings or for drying out a barrel while/after hunting in the rain. This is every bit the same quality as some others out there. Do you research and find one that works for you!

FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) DISCLAIMER:
I received this product at a discount for purposes of testing. However, the opinions expressed herein were formulated based on my personal use of the product. I welcome all suggestions, feedback and/or product questions!








No comments: