Sunday, April 10, 2016

Wumal Food Vacuum Zipper Storage System Bags


WHAT'S INCLUDED:
5 bags of varying sizes between 1 and 5 quarts, a pump, and a clip (for closing the bag)

ABOUT THESE BAGS
Each bag is fairly thick, which keeps items you store from puncturing the bags. It has a small circular opening with a sticker-like membrane that is used to vacuum the air out.

POTENTIAL USES/BENEFITS THAT I'VE FOUND
+ Vacuum sealing preserves foods 3 to 5 times longer
+ Marinating meat in minutes (vacuum sealing opens up the meat pores to accept marinade)
+ Seal dehydrated foods and herbs for long-term storage
+ Prolong the life of items like brown sugar, flour, rice, etc.
+ Vacuum seal liquids by partially freezing first
+ Eliminate insects from getting to foods
+ Moist foods won't dry out
+ Store long-term if you use oxygen absorbents
+ Conserves space
+ Economical

CONS I'VE NOTED WITH USE OF VACUUM SEAL BAGS
- It takes a bit of practice to figure out the right angle or method to vacuum the air out of the bags
- If you store large amounts of food, the pumping can get old

OTHER NOTES:
The bags are said to last 20 uses, which isn't bad. I haven't been able to test them for 20 uses at this point though.

CONCLUSION:
The sizes of these bags give a user a huge variety of potential uses. It still takes me a couple tries to get the right angle to vacuum the air out, but I'm getting better at it. Overall, I really like these bags.

FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) DISCLAIMER:
I received this product at a discounted price. However, the opinions expressed herein were formulated based on my personal use of the product. I welcome any and all suggestions, feedback and/or product questions!




No comments: