Sunday, April 10, 2016

ONME Popsicle Molds

ABOUT THE POPSICLE MOLDS:
These Popsicle molds themselves come in two parts, the handle/base and the cover. The molds also come with a base for setting the molds in. The handle has holes in it that allows your frozen popsicle to stick to the stick without sliding off.

PROS:
+ Holes in the base to keep the popsicle from sliding off
+ They are easy to clean and reusable

CONS:
- The handle doesn’t “lock in” to the cover
- The Popsicle cover has a round top, which means you must place in base when filled with liquid
- Because the lids don’t lock, the base should be deeper to more securely hold the popsicle.
- The product packaging is written in Chinese or Japanese, so I don’t know what it says
- It would be a nice touch if the manufacturer included recipe ideas

CONCERNS
- The plastic is a bit thin. I don’t know how well it will hold up long term

Quite honestly, these popsicle sticks are poorly designed in large part because the base doesn’t lock or snap to the cover. I knew this immediately after opening the package. However, I told myself I would be very careful after filling them up. Well, I still managed to spill them all over the freezer. My popsicle experiment turned into a cleaning session. Another reason the lack of a locking cover is a problem is when storing/moving. If you touch or bump them at all, the popsicle parts go everywhere. I wanted to like these, but for the reasons stated above, I can’t recommend these.

FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) DISCLAIMER:
I received this product at a discount. However, the opinions expressed herein were formulated based on my personal use of the product. I welcome all suggestions, feedback and/or product questions





No comments: