Friday, April 15, 2016

Obsidian Treadmill Lubricant



BEFORE YOU BUY A TREADMILL LUBRICANT:
Check your operating manual to see if there is a particular brand of type of silicone lubricant. More than likely, this or many other brands will work just fine. However, a quick check could save you from getting a new belt potentially.

VIDEO COMPONENTS:
A. Intro to Obsidian lubricant
B. How to Apply:
Step 1 - Loosen bolts
Step 2 - Clean treadmill belt
Step 3 - Apply lubricant
Step 4 - Re-tighten bolts
C. Treadmill operating (post application)

BACKGROUND/ABOUT MY NEEDS:
I bought a treadmill off of Craigslist. I didn't realize I was going to have to move the guy's entire basement to get it, but I got it. He said he'd help deliver it, so I took it. This guy must have smoked like a chimney because it stunk up my basement for a month...even after dousing with Febreeze every few days. With all that said, I bought this lubricant to hopefully fix a belt hesitation problem with the treadmill. Every time, I ran on the treadmill it would randomly stop, or hesitate, slightly. It wasn't enough to throw me off the treadmill, but it was enough to make me feel like I was running drunk or something to that effect.

REVIEW:
If you watch the video, you'll see me clean the treadmill belt and then apply the lubricant. After re-tightening the bolts, I haven't had any issues with belt hesitation. I presume the silicone is the reason for that. However, there's a small chance the belt just needed to be tightened. I doubt it though.

CONCLUSION:
I doubt this silicone lubricant is much different than the others out there, but I know this worked for me! I'm pleased with the ease of application and the results!

FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) DISCLAIMER:
I received this product at a discount. However, the opinions expressed herein were formulated based on my personal use of the product. I welcome all suggestions, feedback and/or product questions!

Available on Amazon by clicking here

3 comments:

treadmill lubricant said...

HELIX 100% Silicone treadmill belt lubricant is the highest quality belt lube on the market. Add our premium treadmill lubricant to reduce friction between the belt and the deck; this results in less noise and decreased belt hesitation.Repeat the process on the other side, using a total of 1 oz for both sides.

Unknown said...

I like your article, I know there are still things i can learn and this list is a great resource. Thanks again. Keep it up! It is really very informative, It helps me a lot.
Premium Lubricants

Chip said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!