Sunday, April 3, 2016

Royal Flask 30 oz Rambler Tumbler


WHY I WANTED A TUMBLER:
I lost one of my coffee mugs, so I was looking for a replacement. I know a tumbler is a little different in some respects to a coffee mug, but the concept is the same. I thought this would fit the bill to keep my coffee warm and my other drinks cold. One of the issues with my Contigo Autoseal West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug with Easy Clean Lid, 16-Ounce, Monaco was that it is difficult to clean. However, it does do a nice job of keeping drinks warm or cold, respectively.

PROS OF THIS MUG:
+ Easy to Clean
+ Double walled/vacuum insulated - Keeps drinks warm or cold for a respectable amount of time
+ It doesn't sweat
+ Dishwasher Safe
+ Fits my vehicle cup holder perfectly - snug but not tight
+ A small cutout in the lid allows for use of a straw if desired

CONS OF THIS MUG:
- Silicone seal on lid can turn resulting in drink spilling
- I don't understand having a double wall cup and then leaving an open lid for heat/cold to escape
- There are times that I wish I could take a bigger gulp but the lid opening won't allow it

CONCLUSION:
Overall, I really like this cup. It keeps drinks cold or hot for a reasonable amount of time. It fits well in my vehicle cup holder. It cleans really easily by hand or dishwasher. I just think it would be even better with a lid redesign, but that's a minor quibble. After weighing both pros and cons, I'm pleased with this product!

FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) DISCLAIMER:
I received this product at a discounted price. However, the opinions expressed herein were formulated based on my personal use of the product. I welcome any and all suggestions, feedback and/or product questions!





No comments: