Monday, March 5, 2018

Forester Chainsaw Safety Kit - Chaps, Helmet, Safety Glasses




CONTENTS OF KIT:
• Helmet with ear muffs and face guard
• Chainsaw chaps
• Safety Glasses

ABOUT ME (FOR SIZING REFERENCE):
I am 5'10". I wear a 34" waist and 30" length typically. I ordered the 37" kit and it fits me perfectly. There is plenty of adjustment left in the waist.The length of the chaps goes to the top of my ankle. Hopefully, that provides some frame of reference for you.

REVIEW:
There is some assembly required with the kit. I didn't see the instructions on one of the clear plastic bags. It took a minute or two to figure out, but even without instructions it wasn't too difficult. I included some close up pictures below to both give you an idea of what this kit looks like, but also where each component snaps into place. For the price, I was impressed with the contents. Each piece is said to comply with applicable safety regulations (I've seen no reason to question the validity of those claims). I've read some mention that the helmet wouldn't protect you from the tree falling...umm yeah point me to one that would protect against a tree falling. It's purpose is to protect the user from dead branches falling and from chainsaw kickback (to a certain extent).

The chaps snap around each leg in 2 locations. They are designed to tear away in layers (and therefore protect your legs) should the saw come in contact with the users leg(s). The waist has a buckle that is adjustable. The helmet has a knob that turns to fit a wide variety of head sizes and has a metal mesh face mask. The face mask also slides up and down. The ear muffs slide up to rest on the side of the helmet and down to cover the ears. The safety glasses are cheap.  With that said, I've used them quite a bit and they haven't broken to this point.


CONCLUSION:

There are other brands out there that are much more expensive. However, it's hard to beat this kit for the price I paid (about $60). For homeowners, DIY'ers, ranchers/farmers or even as a backup set for loggers, this is a good value. Please take every precaution you can when cutting wood. I've seen a bunch of pictures on a Facebook group of people who have gotten hurt cutting trees or firewood. In addition to this kit, I recommend getting a pair of gloves. Be sure to follow proper cutting techniques and you'll stay safe. Hopefully, the pictures and review have been beneficial. If I can answer any questions, please leave them below.

You can buy it on Amazon by clicking HERE













1 comment:

Ash Green said...

It was really insightful.
Thanks for such a nice content.
Cheers
BTW if anyone interested more have a look https://sawfinder.com thanks