Monday, November 19, 2018

Feels Good To Hold a Big Rack! Awesome Hunt & History w/ this Buck!


Join me on YouTube at: www.youtube.com/chipsoutdoorchannel


SUCCESS!!! This is an awesome buck taken during the 2018 Kentucky rifle season (rut)! I show several years of trail camera footage of this buck to display his growth from young buck into a mature buck! I've seen him many times over the last 2 years while hunting too! I hunt wild, free range bucks and it's been hard tough (but fun) hunting! However, the hard work has paid off with this buck!
If you're new here, it's been a wild ride this year! From developing a habitat management plan, cutting trees, planting trees, and building shooting houses. My spirits were high riding into the year knowing I passed several bucks last year that would be great this year if they made it! 

Right when the season set out, my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer. It took the wind out of my sails that first month, so I didn't hunt. His treatment has been going great though (other than the side effects)! It encouraged me to get back in the stand! I took a doe early on and saw several deer throughout the season. I ended up shooting this buck the first weekend of gun/rifle season in Kentucky. He's a buck I have a long history with and one I'm proud to take! 

It's been an exciting, hard, and fun journey this year! I'm glad to have you join me on it! Stay tuned! There will be more harvests and kills on film, more trail cam footage, and I'll have some more updates soon!





No comments: