Sunday, September 25, 2016

Family Traditions!

As some of you may know, I have a 6-month old daughter. It had me thinking the other day of the family traditions we had for holidays or during the year. Every kid remembers Christmas and all the chaos, presents, food and other things that brought.

However, my favorite family tradition besides Christmas was going to my great aunt's house every Saturday to eat lunch. She was a great cook. My mother (bless her heart) was not a very good cook. She was a great baker of breads, pies, etc, but she struggled in the kitchen otherwise. I have many stories about that, but I want to focus on family traditions. Meeting every Saturday with my cousins, uncles, aunts and my great aunt was my favorite and most memorable childhood tradition.

What is/was your favorite family tradition now or as a child (please leave your comment below)?

No comments: