Saturday, August 20, 2016

Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes

BACKGROUND:
I've used these wipes predominately for our 4.5 month old baby. I've also used 1) Pampers Baby Wipes Natural Clean
2) Dr. K Premium Baby Wipes
3) Store brands

INGREDIENTS:
Huggies Natural Care Wipes have the following ingredients: Water, Phenoxyethanol, Amodimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Malic Acid, Sodium Citrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, and Tocopheryl Acetate

PROS:
+ No fragrance at all that I can detect
+ Stronger than other wipes I’ve used
+ A bit thicker than the wipes I mentioned above
+ To the best of my knowledge, these can be used to clean your hands or a surface
+ Next wipe pops up in your container of choice (not included) after pulling wipe out

CONS:
- A bit more on the wet side than desired. Ideally, wipes should be moist not wet.
- Not as strong as some other wipes, i.e. tears easier, but that's likely not a problem if you are wiping a baby

CONCLUSION:
It’s comforting to know that in using these wipes, I’m not using a product that is bad for my child. My baby hasn’t gotten a red bottom from using these, these wipes are strong/durable, and the right amount of wetness. The cons that I mention above aren't a major concern or me. I like the Huggies (and Dr. K wipes). I'm not a big fan of the Pampers. It feels like it's been a while since I've used Pampers, but I just remember despising the smell. I can't remember if they were strong, absorbant, etc. Overall, these wipes have been very nice!

1 comment:

Monica said...

I always wondered about these. I think I was using target brand for my daughter. They were s little thin for my liking. I do remember Huggies being thicker. The regular wipes. I think I'm going to give the natural ones a shot!